There has been a certain lack of focus in my day so far.
It’s not that I haven’t accomplished anything – I have done a lot of little things, but nothing that really adds up to anything. Sophie has a tendency to interrupt one’s chain of thoughts, actions and resolve. It is much more fun to cuddle a puppy than do the laundry!
- I posted Section D as promised.
- I went grocery shopping.
- I took some photographs of the Crocus’s in the yard and I did post them.
- I just finished baking some cookies.
- I made the Tzatziki to go with tonight’s lamb roast.
I am mulling a couple of ideas for designs right now and I cannot seem to focus on the knitting that I could actually accomplish.
- I am halfway through grafting two pieces of a scarf together.
- I am more than halfway through the sample beaded jabot for the pattern that I am working on,
- I could be casting-on for wide Beaded Scarf – another sample for the above pattern – as the beads are now strung.
- I have the yarn to fix the sleeves of “Purple Wrapsody”. The three-quarter sleeves did not work and luckily we did have more of the same yarn in the store.
- I still have laundry left to do.
- I have just started to cast-on for another idea, but haven’t really done anything more than cast-on.
- The Koigu Jabot needs to be reblocked. I had to pull it up before it had dried yesterday. I was using it as a blocking tool, showing how to block odd shapes.
- I have way to many unfinished projects.
- …………..etc, etc, etc.
My done list is far out done by my to-do list! Today’s lack of focus rings strongly of procrastination! Something I know a little about and I am pretty good at it too!
News Flash — I got up to put the kettle on — and went to check on the Koigu Jabot. I must have been thinking clearly at the end of the class, because I folded it nicely and will not need to be reblocked!
When I was taking pictures of the crocus’s this morning I also took a picture of a snowdrop. This is a special flower because of where it is growing. It speaks to me of Survival, Will and Beauty! So strong and so beautiful!
I think that I have Spring Fever, the inability to concentrate, to focus and follow a thought or action through to the finish! It seems like that right now!
I bought a new vacuum cleaner last week. My old one had died — oh, about a month or so ago — I finally could not stand it anymore and broke down and bought the new one.
I actually vacuumed this week, it was almost fun! Truly I am ill, it must be Spring Fever!
Have you got Spring Fever?! If so, how does it show itself?!
I hope that you have a great week! Happy Knitting