It was very windy yesterday. Not the best weather for painting I discovered. The wind kept lifting the board; the Saran; the pins; and the shawl. Once things were tamed with bricks and other weighty objects I could paint.
I really wanted to try using the natural yarn as one of the colours. I tried. I failed. I just kept filling it in. I did not like the natural for myself! I need colour!
What I did do is stick with the Tourmaline colour palette. Pinks and greens, I warmed up the colours and grayed them a little to make the colours richer and more fall like. I used Rose Wine, Country Green, Mouse Grey and Golden Okra.
What I did do, and like, was work with a “lighter” hand. I did not try to saturate the fibre with the dye. That worked. I set the dye and then pinned the shawl out last night. It is gorgeous (or least, I thing it is gorgeous)!! I can hardly wait to get it up off the floor.
The pattern for Button Lace is almost done, maybe later today, just one chart left – but it, of course, is fighting with me. And like most fights in knitting, the problem was the operator – meaning me – making errors!