Yesterday I painted Crystalline. It is taking longer to dry than expected and is still on the floor downstairs. It is quite cool right now and there is no heat downstairs – so longer should be expected!
It was good thing that I did as today does not look like it is going to be as nice as it was supposed to be! Yesterday was a gorgeous day – start to finish.
Painting Crystalline took longer that I expected. Especially as I was only working on highlighting the lace and not painting the whole. I guess that there were more highlights than expected. Crystalline is in every way – more than expected.
More highlights; more time – painting crystalline took almost four hours!; bigger than expected; longer to dry than expected – just more than expected at all points!
Blocked Crystalline is almost 36 inches deep in the back – each arm is 29 inches wide and each arm is 44 inches from the center back. I must really believe that I am several inches taller than I really am!
There was a real wind blowing while I set up the painting surface. I needed rocks and stuff placed strategically so that the Styrofoam and plastic wrap wouldn’t blow away! Many pins were used as well! The wind did settle down and the painting went along just fine!
This time I got the amount of charcoal just right! It works great along the edges and highlighting the feathery arms. I am not so happy about the rose center. It spread more than I wanted – another factor of time management that I could not escape. On the whole I am quite happy with the finish. I can hardly wait for it to be dry. Hopefully by tomorrow – today looks like another cool day. It is clouding over right now. Sigh!