Just finished the second sample last night! The pattern is now available on Ravelry and will soon be available on Patternfish as well!
This all started last fall when I bought a new, bigger tea-pot. This is a Le Creuset pot and has a larger, beautiful tea leave strainer. The new pot needed a new cozy. Which I knit. Then the cozy was so well received it turned into a class. The class needed an alternative sample. Which I started and had for the class.
This last weekend I finally finished the alternative sample. So the pattern could now be published!
Sometimes things just take longer than expected.
I am now on a pattern writing mission. I have several finished samples with patterns half written – now to finish them. There are three patterns for the Buffalo Wool Co. alone! I also have several (many), projects started and unfinished. The ideas are languishing. Now I need to work on them as well! Lets’ see how many I finish before I get sidetracked yet again!
Currently I am finishing off the little collar for the Buffalo Wool Co. – Opps that means 4 patterns for them! I am also working a small triangular shawl with spun mohair from Colinton Australia, a new yarn that we have at Mad About Ewe.
This yarn is spun mohair, not brushed, and has a luscious sheen and heavy drape. I am loving working with it so far and of course I have added a few beads as well. The body is being knit with a variegated hand-dye and the edging will be knit with a semi solid hand-dye.